Rides Not Saving In My Activities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ellist5

My last two rides did not save although it said they were saved and I accepted it. They do not show in my activities, Strava or anywhere. It seems they have vanished. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, why is this happening? Thanks

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
What are you recording your rides with ?
Apple Phone ? Android Phone ? or a Garmin perhaps ?

OP
OP
E

ellist5

What are you recording your rides with ?
Apple Phone ? Android Phone ? or a Garmin perhaps ?
For past 2 years I have always used my laptop for bkool. For some reason, starting last week the rides do not show in my activities although I am saving them. The only difference is I started using a USB extension to get the ant + closer to the trainer. I cant imaging that would cause any issues but it is the only difference.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
For past 2 years I have always used my laptop for bkool. For some reason, starting last week the rides do not show in my activities although I am saving them. The only difference is I started using a USB extension to get the ant + closer to the trainer. I cant imaging that would cause any issues but it is the only difference.

oops, sorry - this is a bkool thread. I missed that important fact.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
My last two rides did not save although it said they were saved and I accepted it. They do not show in my activities, Strava or anywhere. It seems they have vanished. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, why is this happening? Thanks

It is a common problem, but is usually intermittent. Sometimes the rides turn up eventually, sometimes they don't.
In the Bkool program on your computer (not the website), you can go into Settings, then About App. There is a line "Completed sessions remaining to send" which might show a number other than zero. If it does, it means the missing sessions didn't upload properly, and might be recoverable.
If it shows zero, then your computer sent the files to Bkool, and they're probably lost for ever. I say 'probably' because in some cases the rides suddenly appear quite a few days after you sent them.

As to why it happens - it must be some fault in the uploading process on Bkool's server. There is nothing you can do at your end to cure it. As you say, the extension lead shouldn't make any difference. Even so, I'd try a dummy ride (just a couple of minutes, to create some data) not using it and see if it uploads properly. Then try a dummy ride with the extension and try uploading that.

CXRAndy

Guru
I have lost 50℅ of rides since new year. I have noticed the last time after bsim said it was successfully uploaded, bsim restarts on the home page and it failed to login and asked for my password. I didn't bother because I thought my ride had already gone. It has happened again and I signed in and my ride appeared, maybe coincidence.

Top Bottom