Riding a mountain bike on the roads currently. Get a road bike?

Get a road bike or not?

• Yes

Votes: 48 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So Carerra to Btwin ?
What is it with Retail Park bikes ?
Do people pick up a bike whilst out for the groceries ? :rolleyes:
No. Some people know how badly mugged off they get by 'big brand' bike manufacturers. They actually understand about bikes, and know about value for money.

Oh right.
And here is me thinking it was down to lack of imagination and going for the easiest option.
Silly me.
Yes silly you. The big brands are pretty much casting pearls before swine, they don't mind, they are selling bikes. I don't mind, because there are some cracking second hand bikes at bargain prices, as soon as the people buying their expensive sticker sets, realise that cycling isn't actually as easy / cheap as they were led to believe, and that fishing is a far easier and cheaper option. People with a bit of imagination/ sense, who are starting out with cycling, realise that a lot of bikes are made by the big name bike manufacturers, for 'retail park' bike suppliers, and that they can get the same bike, often with better bits on it, minus the stickers, for a much lower price, and therefore, if they decide that cycling isn't for them after all ( and it isn't everybody's cup of tea, unfortunately), they don't waste quite so much money, because the price they get for their (lightly) used bike, is closer to what they paid for it.

Yes silly you. The big brands are pretty much casting pearls before swine, they don't mind, they are selling bikes. I don't mind, because there are some cracking second hand bikes at bargain prices, as soon as the people buying their expensive sticker sets, realise that cycling isn't actually as easy / cheap as they were led to believe, and that fishing is a far easier and cheaper option. People with a bit of imagination/ sense, who are starting out with cycling, realise that a lot of bikes are made by the big name bike manufacturers, for 'retail park' bike suppliers, and that they can get the same bike, often with better bits on it, minus the stickers, for a much lower price, and therefore, if they decide that cycling isn't for them after all ( and it isn't everybody's cup of tea, unfortunately), they don't waste quite so much money, because the price they get for their (lightly) used bike, is closer to what they paid for it.

That might be true for Halfords, but going to Decathlon to buy a bike actually seems to require more thought than just buying a Specialized Allez from the LBS, simply because there are few stores

Actually,that's well put by the both of you.
I suppose back in 1992 I knew I wanted to do MTB'ing,so bought the right tools straightaway.
So I didn't buy a a throwaway bike if I didn't take to it.
I wasn't exactly flush either,earning about 90 quid a week,but I didn't spend lots thus having the money to do so.
I have ridden a Rockrider,Hoodoo and a Vulcan as Demo's and the ride and quality were questionable.
But I suppose that's off the back of having ridden more expensive bikes.
But don't get me started on Giant.
Awful generic pish bikes.

It's all about opinions @vickster ,albeit mine being a tiny bit crass.
People would probably say my choices over that period of time wouldn't float their boat.
I'll get the fark out of Dodge now.:bicycle:

Top Bottom