Riding Fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
MacBludgeon said:
Joe, I think folks get how to trackstand, and any benefits, it's just a question of whether they can be bothered.

Hmmm sort of. Ive had people have a go at it on my bike and the thing they do is use the brakes to stop themself and to try and hold themself there, rather then the pedals.
Most people say they are too scared to aswell, it was mentioned before.
I dont get why when you wear trainers, you feel yourself going and you just put a foot down:wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I can just about track stand on my road bike for about 30-45 seconds, but looking forward to a fixed, as that's cheating.......;)

I had a mate who could track stand for ages on his road bike.....:sad:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
fossyant said:
I can just about track stand on my road bike for about 30-45 seconds, but looking forward to a fixed, as that's cheating.......;)

I had a mate who could track stand for ages on his road bike.....:sad:

I can sort of do it on my road bike, i have to use the back brake and and hope i have a slight incline to push against and i can just about do it, on the flat its abit jerky because i end up throwing my weight around.
On a vid on youtube, theres a guy on a freewheel bike doing backwards circles on it, he was using his bodyweight to move the bike back and spinning his legs a full turn as he was moving the bike back. Pretty skilled.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You've got to be in the mood for it on a freewheeled bike.... I use the brakes and roll forward slightly on the flat...no expert, but my old club mate was simply awesome..... we'd just unclip and watch him (and joke and try and make him unclip (he did have track bikes though) and he was built like Chris Hoy - you could batter him up hills, but come the sprint for the signs..no chance....

Bennem

Trackstanding is pretty easy and isn't about showing off. It's about being a lazy git and not wanting to have the hassle of putting your feet back on the pedals and clipping in.

Start teaching yourself by finding a small incline either on the road bike or the fixed. Ride to a stop and let the hill push you back a bit and hold it there and turn the handlebars to help keep you upright.

Top Bottom