Riding with people with long legs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Lets not talk about hills , no one in their right mind likes hills ! Fact !

I do.

Something with endorphines. Or I'm just odd. I'll let people judge.:whistle:

Weirdly I prefer gradients between about 8-20%. Flatter stuff I don't like as it's more tempo which I am crap at.

400bhp

Guru
You say that but think how much fresher your legs would be at the weekend of you didn't do that.

Depends how long though.

I have a 10%'er each day. It's only a piddling 1/4 mile though.

I do.

Something with endorphines. Or I'm just odd. I'll let people judge.:whistle:

Weirdly I prefer gradients between about 8-20%. Flatter stuff I don't like as it's more tempo which I am crap at.
There is a special level of hell reserved for people who enjoy uphill gradients of 16% or more.

So do long legged people go faster if they are both on the same level of fitness ?

same fitness = same power output for a given effort/gear = same speed = no.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
As a shorty I'm guessing that going for a blast with a longer legged person would not be a good idea ?
It's challenging :sweat: but riding with stronger riders is the best way for improvement imo.
Practically everybody and their dog are taller than me: thank you patient friends for waiting on top of the hills, my wee legs can only spin so fast!

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
same fitness = same power output for a given effort/gear = same speed = no.
The gear isn't the same though as the legs are longer so although fitness / stamina may be the same the gear ratio is not the same if you include legs .

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
As a shorty I'm guessing that going for a blast with a longer legged person would not be a good idea ? Having said that I know science and stuff and things sometimes make the first thoughts wrong . I'm smart like that !
So do long legged people go faster if they are both on the same level of fitness ?
Some will be some will not be.:whistle:

ayceejay

Guru
This question makes no sense. Am I to assume that we are talking about some kind of oscillation where two legs of even length but of a different level of fitness might not be as fast as two similar legs but with an equal levels of fitness? I think you might need to figure out which is the fitter leg and have that one go round more often than the other one, this may solve the problem. A specially adapted bike may be another option.

Top Bottom