Riding without lights...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
BentMikey said:
I don't feel any differently to what you guys have written above. It almost seems that you're deliberately misinterpreting my posts to assume I said riding without lights is fine!

No BM.
Just felt (to me) it was getting away and becoming a usual car bashing thread. We've been over the ground of drivers should drive per the highway code regularly recently. And no one disagrees (?)

No hard feelings??;)

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
BentMikey said:
If :biggrin:, then you're driving properly, and you'd easily be able to avoid an unlit muppet.

This is all well and good on Planet Ideal Circumstances, but a rather futile if technically correct assertion. A significant proportion of the population will, whatever levels of training, enforcement and deterrent exist, be lazy, incompetent, impatient or wilfully stupid (and in many cases several of these), including in their skill, aptitude, adherence to rules and implementation of common sense in the field of driving motor vehicles. Not fashionable to take this pragmatic view, but there it is.

In view of this obvious situation, it is clearly an act of advanced idiocy for an adult with no mental disorder to go about deliberately limiting one's visibility to such drivers at night, or assuming that they'll be seen by them. Indeed, it is highly likely that people who cycle like idiots also drive like idiots, so we ought to be grateful to all the wilfully dumb individuals for their generous, voluntary offer to remove themselves from the gene pool.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Quote:
I have a smart 3 l.e.d. headlight and smart 7 l.e.d. rear, it doesn't light the way, I use the street lights to see where I'm going, but cars can see me ( a workmate once said to me they could see me half a mile away )

A cycling workmate said he could see me from a mile away.Then he caught me up.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :smile:

Top Bottom