Right, come the revolution...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tim Bennet. said:
Arch - you had a devoted disciple until that point. I was hoping a resurrection of the golden age of flying would see the return of the proper 'trolley dolly'.

Alright, there will be stewardesses as well. But they will be classy, not caked in orange fake tan.

Fnaar - excellent idea, the midday giggle. Maybe not Benny Hill every day. On special days, people would have to turnout on the street to watch a parade of baby elephants, each distributing buns and chocolates...

Andy, no I think it is more productive to tax the wearing of those items, than ban them. It would provide the funds for a special benefit to be paid to those with expensive good taste - my Mum has always felt she should get William Morris wallpaper on the state, and I'm sure we can all think of something we'd love to have because it's beautiful, but just couldn't justify the expense of...

Also, anyone who is pissed off that it is now 'the future' and we're not all driving hover cars and wearing silver jumpsuits, gets to have a hover car and silver jumpsuit.

bonj2

One word: MONORAILS!

Kirstie said:
This thread is going a bit too much 'Wicker Man' for my liking...

Brilliant.... I have just solved the financial problem.

Instead of a National Lottery, have an auction, where you pay to have a certain person sacrificed to ensure the good health of the nation.

All non refundable, but the individual who has the largest amount paid has their moment in the Wicker Man!

bonj2

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Thats correct, PC2K has first dibs on the respectable, proper law and order.

I however have first dibs on the somewhat grey side of post revolutionary law enforcement.

"You've seen mad max haven't you? That's what's going to happen!"
:sad:

papercorn2000

bonj said:
"You've seen mad max haven't you? That's what's going to happen!"
:sad:

Yep, probably. We'll all get to stride about gazing at the horizon whilst wearing big hair and improbable combinations of biker and bondage gear. It's gonna be great I tell ya!

2001808227952005328_rs.jpg

papercorn2000

bonj said:
don't get it. it was a serious suggestion, monorails are the way of the future.

Oh, I thought it was a feed line...:sad:

Given he frequency and duration of railway closure due to bridge strikes, I suspect that a Monorail would spend more time closed due to beings truck by vehicles than operating due to the large number of supports available for numpties to drive into.

bonj2

Cunobelin said:
Given he frequency and duration of railway closure due to bridge strikes, I suspect that a Monorail would spend more time closed due to beings truck by vehicles than operating due to the large number of supports available for numpties to drive into.

Well you just wouldn't build the supports on (or next to) roads then. This would be easier than it may seem, becuase in my ideal monorailed world there would be fewer roads anyway.

jonesy

Guru
So what are the advantages of monorail over other forms of guided transport, and which type of monorail system would you advocate?

just jim

This selfish ,so called "healthy" minority who appear to be propping up the NHS with hospital non- attendance should be encouraged to eat at least 5 portions of lard a day.

bonj2

mjones said:
So what are the advantages of monorail over other forms of guided transport, and which type of monorail system would you advocate?

Main advantage is they don't take up (as much) space on the ground.
Great view, so fun to use. This may sound like a untangible advantage but it's not as it would encourage people to use it. Possibly even enough motons to use it instead of their cars.
They're the main advantages, but they are pretty big advantages.
Disadvantages are, probably quite expensive to design the layout and build the rails and the poles that support them, and the actual vehicles themselves.
I wasn't aware there were different 'types' of monorail system, why? Prob'ly the sort they have in japan. I might have a butchers on wikipedia later at the different types.

Top Bottom