Right, come the revolution...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carwash

Señor Member
Twenty Inch said:
Whenever I hear the word "Jetski", I reach for my Barrat Light .50 sniper rifle and load it with armour-piercing rounds.

In my milder fantasies.

Isn't a 'jetski' some sort of high-speed Russian aircraft?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Carwash said:

no, that's concordski :blush:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Carwash said:

I get it, but my first thought was: "No, you mean an Ekranoplan"

km01.jpg

When I am in charge, there will be more Ekranoplans. I've also decided that shutting all airports and banning all flights is too draconian, and I intend instead to return to the golden age of passenger traffic, about the 30's, with airships and airliners of the like of the DH Rapide (I will also allow Dakotas). There will be fewer flights, and fewer seats, but to make it fair, all citizens will be entered into a free lottery for the chance to buy (at reasonable prices) places on those flights. This prevents only rich people from flying. And it is because, although I abhor the wasteful jetting off to the sun and cheap city-pub-crawl-stag-nights that cheap flights encourage, I love the idea of flying and the buzz you get when you take off... Service on these flights will of course also revert to the golden times - proper food served by faultless stewards, and a nice civilised film, and no awful getting to the airport three hours early just so that you can be bored into spending money in the shops.

Tetedelacourse

I propose that we reform education. Instead of the focus being on amassing arbitrary facts, the focus is on how to pose the right questions and formulate elegant responses using good research methods and common sense.

Qualifications would be scrapped but instead you get a ticket to do whatever you please provided you're not an idiot. If you are an idiot, then you are enslaved.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Tetedelacourse said:
I propose that we reform education. Instead of the focus being on amassing arbitrary facts, the focus is on how to pose the right questions and formulate elegant responses using good research methods and common sense.

Qualifications would be scrapped but instead you get a ticket to do whatever you please provided you're not an idiot. If you are an idiot, then you are enslaved.
I'll agree with that, nearly.
NEW EDUCATION POLICY.

Teachers will be expected to teach. Proper reading/writing skills will be taught from the start, none of this pidgeon English first, then real English later.

During their 48 weeks of paid holidays per annum, teachers will be compelled to work in the fields, baleing hay, straw, picking potatoes etc.. or run free creches in un-used government buildings so the workers can still go to work(we could call them schools maybe ?)

twowheelsgood

All grey squirrels to be dyed red.

Andy in Sig said:
Can we ban the wearing in public of shellsuits, football tops, baseball hats and combinations thereof please?

Nope. I propose that we announce free distribution of shellsuits etc, inviting all wearers thereof to report to locations coincidentally contiguous with the organ donation farms that we established on page 2 of this thread.

We could also announce a similar scheme of free upgrades to your urban 4x4.....

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Every day at midday people shall stop what they re doing, and indulge in a 2-minute Benny Hill chase with thoe nearby. The music shall be piped through a nationwide public address system.

papercorn2000

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Thats correct, PC2K has first dibs on the respectable, proper law and order.

I however have first dibs on the somewhat grey side of post revolutionary law enforcement.

I look forward to working closely with you sir comrade!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
I get it, but my first thought was: "No, you mean an Ekranoplan"

km01.jpg

When I am in charge, there will be more Ekranoplans. I've also decided that shutting all airports and banning all flights is too draconian, and I intend instead to return to the golden age of passenger traffic, about the 30's, with airships and airliners of the like of the DH Rapide (I will also allow Dakotas).

Oh very nice. Airships would be an excellent idea. I also like the sound of bringing back Concorde. Why is it that when I was 5 we could go to the Moon and fly on supersonic planes, and now we can't?
Anyway - I'd like to propose that dustbins are collected from the garden like they used to be, and then I don't have to take them out at 11pm. Or forget to do so.

Top Bottom