Right! - Festivities over - Weigh in!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bonj said:
apparently if you crouch down on the scales you're more compact and therefore heavier, and if you stand on tiptoes with arms stretched upwards you're more stretched out and therefore lighter.

How do you make yourself denser, Bonj? :smile:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
bonj said:
apparently if you crouch down on the scales you're more compact and therefore heavier, and if you stand on tiptoes with arms stretched upwards you're more stretched out and therefore lighter.

Great. I'm 5"1, therefore always destined to be heavier. I might try the stretching thing.

Bonj - similar here. My weight seems to be seasonal within about 1/2 stone variation. Summer weight is around 11st 7lb and my winter weight is 12st (spot on this now). Any New Year pounds seem to go with the return to normal diet.

frog

At the start of the break I was 14st 12lbs and now 15st 8lbs. Nearly three weeks off the bike and only one ride. :smile:

As there only two cycle commute days this week I won't make much of a dent in it either. I wouldn't mind if I'd been stuffing my face and swabbing it down but I've been really good this year.

God must hate dieters :smile:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

bonj said:

This is why you're weight varies: You are flitting between alternate realities when you stretch. It would explain some of your posts too :smile:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Patrick Stevens said:
No change in my weight - mind you I went skiing while everyone else was banging back 7,000 calories a day back home.

:biggrin: Have you been skiing for Xmas Patrick: Really!

Do tell us all about it (again :smile:).

longers

Legendary Member
Not sure about weight as I haven't got scales but my sister measured my waist today with the tape measure from her cracker. 34" which is my biggest ever. Hers was 36"* :biggrin:.
I spent years being a skinny bugger and am enjoying the insulation :smile:.

*She's five months pregnant though.

postman

Legendary Member
I feel awful.Bloated and windy.Two weeks of rich cakes,choc,Guinness,whisky the most superb home made chilli at the party last night.Starting on Saturday it is coming off.

Johnny Thin

I did a 40-mile hilly ride on Sunday, 3.5 hours inc stops, on just a light salad lunch that day. I was actually quite hungry later on that evening at a party! Weight about 10st usually.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

snorri said:
mine is a malt thank you, a thin one will be fine:smile:

Hmmmm, current selection is a bit sparse. I can offer you:-

Lochranza
Tobermory
Glenfarclas
and an Oban (now 25 years old - only a drop mind)

Out of Laphroaig, Glenmorangie and a few others.

What'll it be?

Top Bottom