Right! - Festivities over - Weigh in!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
Hmmmm, current selection is a bit sparse. I can offer you:-

Lochranza
Tobermory
Glenfarclas
and an Oban (now 25 years old - only a drop mind)

Out of Laphroaig, Glenmorangie and a few others.

What'll it be?

Ah! Glenmorangie will be just fine slainte mhor))))

OP
OP
C

Crackle

:biggrin: Noooooo! I don't have that one.

<hands out a nice blended Lochranza, bit thin but suspects Snoori might not notice just now>

<pours self one too>

slainte mhor :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
a nice blended Lochranza,

Hmmm blended Lochranza, I suspect you are taking the p*** here, but in the rather desperate circumstances i find myself, it will be just fine))):biggrin::smile:
I well remember going over the handlebars whilst traversing the grassy foreshore at Lochranza, thankfully no damage apart from my pride.:smile::biggrin:

And a Good New
Year to you sir!

Plax

Guru
I never weigh myself. It's too depressing. I can usually tell if I've got a bit tufty by my jeans feeling tight. Since cycling, I think my legs have toned up a bit as I have one pair of jeans I never wear as they are usually quite tight around the thighs. Dug them out for New Years eve and they were a perfect fit!

snorri

Legendary Member
Plax said:
I never weigh myself. It's too depressing. I can usually tell if I've got a bit tufty by my jeans feeling tight. Since cycling, I think my legs have toned up a bit as I have one pair of jeans I never wear as they are usually quite tight around the thighs. Dug them out for New Years eve and they were a perfect fit!

mmmm nothing wrong with tight jeans on a lady;):smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
Been off the bike since 20th December and had the usual excesses at Christmas so now the scales are saying 77Kg. Will have to try and correct that when I've settled into the new area of China that is going to be my base for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gavintc

Guru
I picked up a dose of pleurisy at the start of Dec and have not cycled since. I was somewhat horrified to note that I have put on 10 lbs as a direct result of eating more and exercising less. I now need to clear myself of this horrid virus and get back on the bike - Jan is not going to be pleasant.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I weighed about 11 st before Christmas... now about 10 st 9 ... but only cos I feel absolutely lousy :smile: so I've not eaten that much in the last few days. Now they are forecasting snow for tomorrow to last into Friday ... which is when I'm due back at work. And I've never cycled in snow before (OK Bristol won't exactly be covered by a thick layer), and never cycled when feeling lousy. I'm hoping for a very quick recovery but I might ring my boss today and warn her she may need cover.

Noodley

Oh bugger. 8 weeks off my bike and festive excess = 93kg :smile::biggrin:
Which means there is some serious training and sensible eating to get me back to my "summer cycling weight" of 82kg.

I've had 8 weeks off the bike, 4 trips abroad for work, sinusitis and bronchitis. I've no idea what my weight is now, but I feel like Michelin Man. If I'm not over 15st or 105 kilos I'll be surprised.

Plax

Guru
snorri said:
mmmm nothing wrong with tight jeans on a lady;):biggrin:

Aha. Even those really fat ladies that are wearing jeans a couple of sizes too small, with a top that is also too small, displaying copious amounts of rolled fat? :smile:
That even makes me gag. Nearly as bad as a builders crack! :rolleyes:

snorri

Legendary Member
Plax said:
Aha. Even those really fat ladies that are wearing jeans a couple of sizes too small, with a top that is also too small, displaying copious amounts of rolled fat? ;)
Definitely not, that was not what was in my minds eye earlier.;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, I seem to be the same as I was before Christmas - so I'm still about a stone more than I should be.

I think any Christmas excesses were tempered by a few days at my Mum's - she doesn't have the smae sort of tempting snacks lying around that I do, and she cooks normal sized portions, not the enormous ones I serve myself.

Mind you, I've been back a couple of days, and been pigging out on chocolates a bit...

Top Bottom