Right Hooked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's this signalled controlled crossroad and over night the council a bus and cyle only lane for the right and straight ahead (Melville St/ Queensferry Road (A90)). A wee drop of bikes (me included) and the occaisional car goes straight on, all buses turn right as does the occisional car. Most traffic turns left in dedicated left turn lane. This confused the rigid box van, he wanted to rurn right (ignore the newly introduced ban) The only problem is there was buses in the way and he was determined to squeeze through the gap. And of course he never saw the cyclist at the back of the bus; If I hadn't been aware I'd been crushed between him and the bus ;).
Rant over, I've calmed down now.

Maz

Guru
Weren't all the buses already in the right hand lane [as they all turn right]? How come he didn't see you behind the bus?

Anyway, glad you're alright and stuff.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Maz said:
Weren't all the buses already in the right hand lane [as they all turn right]? How come he didn't see you behind the bus?

Anyway, glad you're alright and stuff.

Thanks Maz. Yes the buses were in the right hand lane. The Idiot van driver was too busy concentrating on sqeezing into gap, that wasn't there along side the back end of a bus, probably confused by the new layout.

Top Bottom