Right tubeless pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, my new bike is set up tubeless. First time I've tried tubeless.

It comes with 25mm tyres, and on the side the suggested range is 85-125 psi.

Given I'm 98kg and I ride on an ok surfaced tarmac, what tyre pressure would you recommend for front and rear?

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I'd start at 90 front and 100 rear and see how you get on. I'm only a little less than you and that's what I do on my (non tubeless) 25 tyres.

Drago

Legendary Member
Its dependent on your weight, tyre type and construction, and taste.

You're a featherweight slip of a lad, so start with a moderate highish pressure around the 90-95 PSI mark and expermient from there. I say start high as its easier to let pressure out during a test ride thannitmis to pumpmit back in.

Anything I or anyone else recommends as a good pressure for you is wrong. You'll need to find your own sweet spot, and when you change to different tyres in the future youll need to find it again.

CXRAndy

Guru
Hi, my new bike is set up tubeless. First time I've tried tubeless.

It comes with 25mm tyres, and on the side the suggested range is 85-125 psi.

Given I'm 98kg and I ride on an ok surfaced tarmac, what tyre pressure would you recommend for front and rear?

If your frame (bike) will allow wider tyres use 28-32mm. This will allow a lower pressure, helping the sealant work more efficiently in the event of punctures. There will be very little downside in speed loss with good tubeless tyres

If your frame (bike) will allow wider tyres use 28-32mm. This will allow a lower pressure, helping the sealant work more efficiently in the event of punctures. There will be very little downside in speed loss with good tubeless tyres

Yes, my bike has a tyre clearance of up to 32mm tyres, so will definitely consider switching to a 28mm when the stock 25mm the bike comes in are done :okay:

Top Bottom