rim beads worn through after 2 rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
chriss2.0

chriss2.0

even if i had block breaks, the wear has occurred below that line. (thanks tho)
but yep i can confirm i have disk breaks ^_^

OP
OP
chriss2.0

chriss2.0

as you see the marks from the tire thread has made the rim a little rough
bike3.jpg
bike 4.jpg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
When you say in your OP the bike is a 'scirocco 2' do you mean a Woosh Scirocco 2 ebike?

And are the tyres Kenda?

I ask because I had that combination on a Scirocco 2 which I had on test and the tyres were starting to wear in the same place.

I suspect they are a soft mountain bike compound not suited to a heavy ebike on tarmac.

A pair of decent tyres such as Schwalbe Marathon Plus should sort it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
When you say in your OP the bike is a 'scirocco 2' do you mean a Woosh Scirocco 2 ebike?

And are the tyres Kenda?

I ask because I had that combination on a Scirocco 2 which I had on test and the tyres were starting to wear in the same place.

I suspect they are a soft mountain bike compound not suited to a heavy ebike on tarmac.

A pair of decent tyres such as Schwalbe Marathon Plus should sort it.

Yup, that explains it.
The wrong type of tyres, under inflated with heavier weight.

OP
OP
chriss2.0

chriss2.0

to ianrauk, i would have thought the same, this is why it is so perplexing, it looks very much like something it isnt

ps: thank you for your quick intarest^_^

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
yes it is a woosh bike, i didnt want to involve the name because they have been great, just this one problem.

Woosh do have a good name for customer service, but those tyres you have are not really up to the job, so if you replace like for like, the same thing is likely to happen again.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I take it you mean the Marathon Pluses.

There are several types.

The ones with the chunky tread are aimed more at mud and rough ground, but they will also wear more quickly on the road.

Others have a shallower tread which are better on roads.

Depends where you do most of your cycling.

OP
OP
chriss2.0

chriss2.0

because i take the "1" cycle route from hartlepool to sunderland, there is a good mix, dust paths, wood decking, loose big gravel, roads, mud. a good mix. however i am very aware that the smoother the tyier the easier it is to pedal, so im thinking middle ish.

ps: thanks for the advice

what about the wear on the wheel rim, do i need it sorted?

Top Bottom