Rim Cleaning (hand wipes)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Would it be safe to clean my rims with hand wipes?

I use moist hand wipes to clean my frame at present. and just want to know if this could be an alternative to wharm water and a cloth?

ChrisKH

Guru
Well I do, as an interim cleaning measure on my commuter bikes between washes. Never had any problems.

lukesdad

morrisons baby wipes they re scented.

SimonC

gaz said:
Would it be safe to clean my rims with hand wipes?

I use moist hand wipes to clean my frame at present. and just want to know if this could be an alternative to wharm water and a cloth?

Why dont you use warm water and a cloth for the lot?? Bit less wasteful than hand wipes + packaging etc.

Fiona N

Veteran
I was just wondering this myself - I use ancient bedsheets (from my Mum's house, more than 40 years old - before anyone accuses my of reckless use of cotton cloth) cut up to make superb bike cleaning cloths (old T-shorts are also good but have more annoying seams). If the rims have a lot of brake crud, a quick swish of isopropanol to dampen the cloth and it's a 2 minute job.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
SimonC said:
Why dont you use warm water and a cloth for the lot?? Bit less wasteful than hand wipes + packaging etc.
tbh i find it more cost effective. the cloths are more money and don't last much longer for me.

+ the effot of getting some warm water.

SimonC

gaz said:
tbh i find it more cost effective. the cloths are more money and don't last much longer for me.

+ the effot of getting some warm water.

Oop north, we have hot water piped directly to the sink;)

Top Bottom