Ring bells at 6pm today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Merry Christmas C.C I know many are going through some tough times at the moment.
I just have a random question about this ringing bells on your door step at 6pm thing.
Who isn’t going to do it and why?
I appreciate a lot of things people do for us but sometimes I feel like I’d rather choose to show it in my own way and my own time. Not just because people on the news & Farcebook say so. Everyone following the sheep etc.
On the other hand if I don’t comply my neighbours will think I’m a right hum bug nobber.
What are the thoughts of a mostly well educated C.C?

What's this all about? It's not another of those clap your hands to help the NHS kill you things that we had earlier in the year is it?

First I have heard of it

As I pretty much the only person round here that ever rides a bike - I would probably be outside on my own ringing a bell for reasons that no-one else has heard of

don't think I'll bother

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It's not a clap for the NHS, or to thank the brave, selfless front line Morrisons workers risking their lives to feed the nation or any bollercks like that, someone just had the idea that it might be nice to ring some bells at 6. A bit of hope, a bit of fun. Some people agree and will be joining in... I might, because I've got a kid who likes the idea. I don't think the idea is to pressure anyone though, so if you don't want to do it, no harm.

If anyone does try to shame anyone else for not doing it, then feel free to set their shed on fire, because if they're that type that twitched curtains back in May, then they undoubtedly deserve it. :okay:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The only bells we have in the house are on our bikes, certainly none of that nasty blended stuff in the cupboard!

[Drago, are you the elderly chap in the advert being put into his pyjamas and given a fried egg?]

Last edited:
Top Bottom