RIP Freddie Starr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Freddie Starr has been found dead at his home in Spain after a suspected heart attack, aged 76.

I liked what he did and was good at doing the unexpected. But his later life was plagued with ill health and rumour and it was sad to see what he had become.

Remember the good times.

RIP Freddie.

Freddie Starr was a talentless nobber, winging it without a script (and don't give me that "Oh, but it was so funny when he dressed up as Hitler" spiel). I'm glad the hamster got its revenge.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I recall him being very good in 70s/80s but eventually losing it. Sad to see his demise.
Looking at recent photos.....WoW, he was overweight.
For the good laughs he gave (some of) us in the early years RIP.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Apparently he was doing exactly the same act in the 1990s that he was doing in the 1970s, younger people didn't understand his characters. Older people had seen it all before.

He was a physical comedian, a good imitator, naturally funny, sure he did some unfunny stuff too and he could sing

Although you do keep expecting him to slow that down and speed it up again.....

Dave7

Legendary Member
He was a physical comedian, a good imitator, naturally funny, sure he did some unfunny stuff too and he could sing

Although you do keep expecting him to slow that down and speed it up again.....

Yes, he had a good voice. Lead singer of various merseyside groups in the 60s.
He was, to quote, "a very complex person" and probably had many faults.
I dont think @steveindenmark started this thread as a "what do you think of Freddy Starr" thread and I am with him in simply acknowledging Starr's talent.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I thought he had been cleared of all allegations. Unless you know something that everyone else doesnt?
He was never charged in the criminal courts but equally he tried to sue his accuser and lost in the civil courts.

FS wasn’t my cup of tea but he was of his time. Things move on.

Top Bottom