RIP Freddie Starr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I thought he had been cleared of all allegations. Unless you know something that everyone else doesnt?

Freddie made it clear years ago that he had never eaten a rodent ^_^ But what a great headline.
Read the link. The judge said the victim was telling the truth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33477004

Can we all agree that it is never right for a grown man in a position of power to sexually assault a girl?

Last edited:

ianbarton

Veteran
Apparently he was doing exactly the same act in the 1990s that he was doing in the 1970s, younger people didn't understand his characters. Older people had seen it all before.
I went to see him in the 80's in Sheffield. Went back two years later and his act was exactly the same.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Sun's headline is 'Freddie joins his hamster' with a ragout of their famous front page.

Top tabloid journalism.

D

Deleted member 26715

Freddie Starr was a talentless nobber, winging it without a script (and don't give me that "Oh, but it was so funny when he dressed up as Hitler" spiel). I'm glad the hamster got its revenge.
Sad that you feel the need to rejoice in somebody's death

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sad to read he had six daughter s, none of which speak to him. RIP old fella.
I bet they will speak to his solicitor when the will is read.
If that is true though it is indeed sad. To use the phrase again, he was complex and did offend some (many?) people. A sad end for a talented person.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I bet they will speak to his solicitor when the will is read.
If that is true though it is indeed sad. To use the phrase again, he was complex and did offend some (many?) people. A sad end for a talented person.
He was also a pervert with a predilection for teenage girls. Sorry but this must not be forgotten in the haze of 1970s nostalgia.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I think you have made that clear. How many sticks do you need to hit a dead man with?
I simply can’t understand why people are celebrating the life of a sexual predator. Surely we wouldn’t start a thread praising Jimmy Saville. Or would some people?

Think of that woman, whose life he ruined.

Top Bottom