RIP - Hadrian’s wall tree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Just why someone would do this baffles me. It's a tree in the middle of nowhere! :cursing:

Given the location it may be difficult for the police to track down the perpitrator(s).

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I took a mate on a trip to Aysgarth Falls earlier this year where they shot the fight scene in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (also chanced upon a stunt being set up at Low Force on the Tees for a new movie, 'The Gorge' coming out I think in 2024). We considered a trip to Sycamore Gap too, but it was a bit much to squeeze in. I wish we had now - utterly senseless act:cursing: . Just what is wrong with some people???.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That is a really nasty thing to do! (Unless the idiot with the chainsaw can't read a map/gps screen and accidentally felled the wrong tree...)

Northumberland National Park Authority said it "had reason to believe" the "iconic North East landmark" had been "deliberately felled".
Their sleuthing skills are definitely better than mine... I took one look at the stump and concluded that the tree had blown down in a storm! :whistle:

Can CSI match chainsaw marks in wood to a particular saw?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
some wag has already update google maps

1695902565164.png

must be very little cctv camera coverage in the surrounding areas

Top Bottom