RIP - Hadrian’s wall tree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Under the age of adult responsibility? Doubt many 16 year olds have accsess to their own chainsaw that could get through that size tree.

Someone else must be in on it.

But not under the age of criminal responsibility (10 years old) - if it transpires he is the person who did it

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Under the age of adult responsibility? Doubt many 16 year olds have accsess to their own chainsaw that could get through that size tree.

Someone else must be in on it.

Under 17 dealt with by a youth court? and probably a lesser sentence?

Almost as if an adult might know this allegedly...

Jody

Stubborn git
But not under the age of criminal responsibility (10 years old) - if it transpires he is the person who did it

No he's not our age criminal responsibility is 10 , one of the lowest around.
He's going to have to be seen automatically by a custody Nurse and have an appropriate adult present.
If he's detained in custody it's a right pain, under 18's can't be held in cell with a toilet , the cell door has to be open and a custody officer has to sit in the door way.

I meant he wouldn't be tried as an adult and would receive a far more lenient sentence IF he is soley responsible, which I have my doubts about.

Could be wrong but it isn't a one man job for a 16 year old.

tom73

Guru
I meant he wouldn't be tried as an adult and would receive a far more lenient sentence IF he is soley responsible, which I have my doubts about.

Could be wrong but it isn't a one man job for a 16 year old.

Can assure you youth sentencing is not a lenient option. Which form of sentence depends on if they have any past offering.
The least they'd face I'd expect is a 12 month youth referral order, What that order will contain will be down to a youth referral order panel. Made up of local volunteers like me. None compliance to any of it and it's back to panel with a number of options open to panel. Inc referring back to court with recommendations. That are normal carried out.

There's always one, isn't there... :cursing:

As someone who does a lot of work with a petrol-powered chainsaw, I can safely say that's been done with a much larger industrial / professional saw than the one I use (Stihl 161C) by someone - or several someones - who know how to handle such. It takes real skill to drop such a large tree in one go.

And more than a bit of idiocy as well, because a tree surgeon will dismantle something like this from the top down to make sure it comes down safely.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
There's always one, isn't there... :cursing:

As someone who does a lot of work with a petrol-powered chainsaw, I can safely say that's been done with a much larger industrial / professional saw than the one I use (Stihl 161C) by someone - or several someones - who know how to handle such. It takes real skill to drop such a large tree in one go.

And more than a bit of idiocy as well, because a tree surgeon will dismantle something like this from the top down to make sure it comes down safely.

Bloody dangerous.
Just look how at far the trunk has moved from the stump.

Top Bottom