RIP - Hadrian’s wall tree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Seriously though, I hope people turn up with trees/sapplings and 'Ninja Plant' a small forest!

I'm shocked the area isn't littered with Sycamore's given how easily they seed

Jody

Stubborn git
Just why?

Under the age of adult responsibility? Doubt many 16 year olds have accsess to their own chainsaw that could get through that size tree.

Someone else must be in on it.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Whilst replacement with a mature tree is technically possible, i recall the site being quite challenging to access, plus you don't really want to drive diggers anywhere near a world heritage site.

Leads me to conclude that it will likely be 20 years before we can expect a decent-sized tree there again. :sad:

Sky News say a 16 yr old is now in custody.

tom73

Guru
Under the age of adult responsibility? Doubt many 16 year olds have accsess to their own chainsaw that could get through that size tree.

Someone else must be in on it.

No he's not our age criminal responsibility is 10 , one of the lowest around.
He's going to have to be seen automatically by a custody Nurse and have an appropriate adult present.
If he's detained in custody it's a right pain, under 18's can't be held in cell with a toilet , the cell door has to be open and a custody officer has to sit in the door way.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Just why someone would do this baffles me. It's a tree in the middle of nowhere! :cursing:

Given the location it may be difficult for the police to track down the perpitrator(s).

Have just read a 16 yr old boy has been arrested in connection with this...

iluvmybike

Über Member
Total guess but reckon it's a bloke between 40 and 65 who lives where the tourists dump their cars and probably had an argument with one of them in the last week.

It's a better guess than "it might be deliberate".

Just read that a 16yr old lad has been arrested in connection with this

Top Bottom