RIP - Hadrian’s wall tree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Total guess but reckon it's a bloke between 40 and 65 who lives where the tourists dump their cars and probably had an argument with one of them in the last week.

It's a better guess than "it might be deliberate".

They are 16 apparently

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Hows a 16 year old going to be able to get their hands on a large chainsaw and be able to operate it at night to cut down that massive tree? I wouldn't have been able to do that at 16.
I think its more than one person and they are older.

And they have to get themselves and the massive chainsaw to the tree and back home.
Which is in the middle of nowhere.

Gillstay

Über Member
The police probably just walked to the nearest farm. Might have been done for social media. Sigh.

Jameshow

Veteran
Hows a 16 year old going to be able to get their hands on a large chainsaw and be able to operate it at night to cut down that massive tree? I wouldn't have been able to do that at 16.
I think its more than one person and they are older.

I was taking to a lady yesterday whose teenage son is an apprentice tree surgeon watches him hang from frees cutting down large trees. Youngsters can drive tractors, combines forestry vehicles etc so it's not impossible!

Very sad though.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I was taking to a lady yesterday whose teenage son is an apprentice tree surgeon watches him hang from frees cutting down large trees. Youngsters can drive tractors, combines forestry vehicles etc so it's not impossible!

Very sad though.

What and cut it down by themselves at night, all alone in the dark? I don't think so somehow.
Totally bizarre thing to do as well.

classic33

Leg End Member
What and cut it down by themselves at night, all alone in the dark? I don't think so somehow.
Totally bizarre thing to do as well.
There's a lot more light than people think, once you're away from artificial/man-made lights.
And as already said, there's kids on farms that will be doing stuff we'd think would be beyond them at their age.

Top Bottom