RIP - Hadrian’s wall tree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Apparently the National Trust axed the old feller.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Something else as well, apparently though both have grudges with National Trust it's English Heritage who maintains the wall and has the most interest in the tree. So didn't really hit their target.

The "responsibility" for Hadrian's wall is quite complex, and has many parties involved from Unesco, various government departments, down to various local authorities and parish councils! But yes EH are involved and NT are not and NT did allegedly lay a part in getting matey boy ejected from his leased home

T4tomo

Legendary Member
All chainsaws are 2 handed saws. Trying to use one single handed is rather likely to end up with parts of you becoming detached.

he / she was referring to one of these I assume, a "two man saw" (or should that be "person") ...
1696250557510.png

I have used one of these with my Dad way back in the day..... chainsaws (held with 2 hands) are much quicker and cutting stuff down

Surely it would be Robin Wood and his Cherry Men?

The Sheriff of Choppingham and Guy Guis-saw?

albion

Guru
Being National Trust land, ones does wonder if there is a connection to the political group attempting an NT Trust coup.

No smoke without fire, as they say.

Jameshow

Veteran
The "responsibility" for Hadrian's wall is quite complex, and has many parties involved from Unesco, various government departments, down to various local authorities and parish councils! But yes EH are involved and NT are not and NT did allegedly lay a part in getting matey boy ejected from his leased home

But it's on NT land?
Or do EH gave a strip on which the wall resides?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
But it's on NT land?

I don't think so - the Housesteads Fort nearby is some sort joint stewardship with NH and EH, but I think EH is the "major" partner because if you go to book a visit via NT it diverts to EH website.

I don't think so - the Housesteads Fort nearby is some sort joint stewardship with NH and EH, but I think EH is the "major" partner because if you go to book a visit via NT it diverts to EH website.

Top tip - If you go Homesteads buy the guidebook. They have little info panels around the site but there is a lot more information in the book and really helps bring the site to life
Top tip 2 - go on a day when the gift shop are giving out free samples of their wine 🍷

IMG-20220720-110639-169.jpg
The view north, from which the heroic/cowardly attckers could assault the heroic/cowardly* defenders

* Choose you own side :whistle::okay:

Top Bottom