RIP - Hadrian’s wall tree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teeonethousand

The alleged perpetrators are being called Walnuts and Special Branch are currently trying to get them to crack.

They are being held in the Nutcracker Suite

tom73

Guru
I don't think so - the Housesteads Fort nearby is some sort joint stewardship with NH and EH, but I think EH is the "major" partner because if you go to book a visit via NT it diverts to EH website.

Hadrian's Wall was under the care/ownership like many of our historic sites by the Governments Ministry of Works. Ownership and care was past to English heritage in 1945. Though EH is now an independent charity but still acts as the states guardian of historic sites. I'd suggest the land as well as the wall belongs to English heritage. It's only a few years ago that they reported having to stop people digging holes trying to find buried historic artefacts.That was on land close to the wall.
Housesteds Fort is owned by NT but has been in the care of English Heritage since 1951.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Locals are saying the perpetrators must have been conkers to do what they did.

Just on Sky news
2 new arrests today
apparently 2 men in their 30s - which makes sense
new arrests - not people that have been questioned before

Funny thing
at the start of the report from the Police they stated that they had launched a full investigation and had determined that it was a deliberate act of vandalism
WOW!!!
there goes the defence of
"Sorry gov I just leaned against it and for some reason it just cut itself in half perfectly horizontally and fell over
Quite a shock really Officer
honest"

Top Bottom