RIP - Hadrian’s wall tree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's a swinging tree near us. We saw the forensics / medical examiners carrying out their step ladders after the police the footpath. It took an off duty police officer to explain it to us. Very sad and not a joking matter.

I say community service rhody-bashing in snowdonia makes sense. Using hand tools only! Like bilhooks!

Jody

Stubborn git
................rather than the "poor people brought up in a deprived rural environment who never got proper treatment for their mental health"

Is there some indication that the pair had/have mental health issues or their motives established?

I know some on here live in the area and are privvy to local whispers.

Jody

Stubborn git
No just nob ends with some grudge about tourists parking to walk up to the tree.

Total guess but reckon it's a bloke between 40 and 65 who lives where the tourists dump their cars and probably had an argument with one of them in the last week.

It's a better guess than "it might be deliberate".

I wasn't too far off then

No just nob ends with some grudge about tourists parking to walk up to the tree.

Police reported they were from Cumbria. The tree was in Northumberland. Why would two people from outside the area hold a grudge about tourists parking and walking to the tree?

Do you have some actual knowledge of who has been arrested and charged together with their motives? The police haven't reported motives and I don't think news media have found that out and reported it.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Police reported they were from Cumbria. The tree was in Northumberland. Why would two people from outside the area hold a grudge about tourists parking and walking to the tree?

Do you have some actual knowledge of who has been arrested and charged together with their motives? The police haven't reported motives and I don't think news media have found that out and reported it.

Have you looked at the county boundaries recently?

Gillstay

Über Member
Aren't sycamores weeds?

Nope a weed is a plant out of place. The perfect shaped 100 ft one near me is a fabulous tree.

Have you looked at the county boundaries recently?

The tree was ENE pic once brewed. The boundary is just west of Gilsland. Not far if driving but it's certainly quite a few farms west of it. Hardly going to be impacted by visitors parking to see the tree. I know some spots can get busy but no 20,30 or more miles worth of parking to get there.

So I don't see your point. Most people don't get het up about people parking 30 odd miles from them, possibly a lot more.

Like I asked, do you have some more information that's not been made public yet to have that opinion?

DRM

Guru
There's a swinging tree near us. We saw the forensics / medical examiners carrying out their step ladders after the police the footpath. It took an off duty police officer to explain it to us. Very sad and not a joking matter.

I say community service rhody-bashing in snowdonia makes sense. Using hand tools only! Like bilhooks!

Perhaps the Victorian idea of Hard Labour, Hard Board, and Hard Fare would instil in them how bad an idea it was to cut the tree down !!!

Top Bottom