RIP Ian St. John

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
As a young kid sitting in the stand at blackburn for a cup tie (only once, usually froze on the terraces) with my dad,
Blackburn End or the Riverside? I started on the Riverside as a boy and ended up with the 'Blackburn Enders':becool::rolleyes: at the back of the terrace,as a youth.:bravo::ninja::boxing:
:laugh:

1614733486371.png

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
RIP

As a young kid sitting in the stand at blackburn for a cup tie (only once, usually froze on the terraces) with my dad, him and roger hunt were sitting behind us. Someone somewhere has the blackburn rovers programme with their autographs on. Think i gave it to a friend.

I've dug my 1974 Rovers scarf out from a drawer. I bought it at that shop on Penny Street in Blackburn (near Reidy's Records and across from the Fleece Inn and the Silver Lantern), that sold budgies,finches,hamsters,hunting knives,air rifles and the odd Rovers stuff. I bought the scarf and the now faded badge/patch,stitched the badge on and added the 'BRFC' a few years later. Ok,it's not great:laugh:,but in those days you couldn't buy named footy scarves,so you had to personalise your own.:okay:

1614734294885.png

Last edited:
Blackburn End or the Riverside? I started on the Riverside as a boy and ended up with the 'Blackburn Enders':becool::rolleyes: at the back of the terrace,as a youth.:bravo::ninja::boxing:
:laugh:

View attachment 576789
Blackburn end I think. Lost interest in football in my mid teens, and blackburn were pretty lowly in those days. No interest now, all ruined. The great marketing game gone to pot since they stopped stitching blackburn shirts together from different bits of material

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
There's been some funny stories going around on t'internet about the great man.

There were some very relevant signs around when he was in his pomp at Anfield. There's a church in Dovecot that always has a sign outside asking questions of the believers. Once it read, 'What would you do if the Lord came to Liverpool?' and someone had written underneath, 'Move St. John to Left Wing.' So they came up with another sign which read simply, 'Jesus Saves' and someone had written underneath, 'St. John gets the rebound'

Top Bottom