RIP Jonah Lomu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Another great player is leaving us. Very sad news. He was an inspiration to aspiring rugby players. He will be missed.

AndyRM

XOXO
Sad news indeed.

He was the inspiration in prolonging my school boy playing days as I watched the other lads develop stronger and quicker around me, meaning I got smashed to bits regularly. I'd go to bed hoping I'd wake up the size of Lomu but it never worked...

Vidor06

Long term loafer
I first saw the All Blacks play in Belfast in 1989, a game at which I was a ball boy. They had a winger back then called Va'aiga Tuigamala who was absolutely frightening. Pace, power and the will to win. I have seen them play 3 or 4 times since then but never had the pleasure of seeing Jonah in the flesh. Tuigamala began the process of changing rugby backs but Jonah Lomu changed the whole game forever more. A career that was cut short by illness and now his life cut short too. I dont think I will ever forget the World Cup semi final of 1995 when he simply blew England away.
RIP Jonah.

Cold

Such a shame, although I'm not a rugby fan I did watch games when he was playing as I found his style very exciting.

AndyRM

XOXO
A sad loss. He redefined the game. Was it Mike Catt who stood in his way and just got run over?

Boom...

_47776719_cattlomu_get_282.jpg

Never really liked rugby, couldn't name any past rugby players other than Bill Beaumont and Jonah Lomu so he must have entered some sort of popular culture.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The description at the time was freak.
Thoughts go to his family.

Top Bottom