RIP Jonah Lomu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Indeed sad news always liked him....I always have the image of him running whilst dragging a few rugby players hanging on his legs

Stunned by the sad news of Jonah Lomu's passing earlier today.

A stand-out legend of the game and, by all accounts, a modest and humble person. A great role model for all.

RIP Jonah.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBzK69MI8HSsS5a1kgTzICtjhJ3KZI3vilKCzOzcYpT6L3BZjkZw.jpg

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Watching some of his tries again. Whilst one of his most memorable moves was crashing straight through Mike Catt, he had extraordinary pace and a wonderful side step which often left his opponents flat footed or grasping at the air where he was a moment ago. Great hands and good positioning too.

Just scary again watching him take apart a very good English side, and making them look like minnows.

Eddy Merckx, Usain Bolt, Ed Moses, Sergey Bupka. There are some sportsman who seem to be a breed apart from the rest. Jonah Lomu is firmly in that category.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Apart from he wasn't healthy. A shock nonetheless.

I didn't know about the long term kidney thing before i posted. I thought it was a recent illness.:blush:

Lullabelle

Banana
I watched the repeat of an old interview with him that was on BBC 1 last night, he had a pretty rough start in life, he was lucky to have been picked up early enough.

Never really a rugby fan I was persuaded to go to see NZ playing @ Loftus Versfeld in the 1995 World Cup. I don't remember who they played against or the score but one thing I will never forget is seeing Jonah Lomu in action.

What a privilege to see the great man run down the touch line - three rows of seats away the ground moved as if a race-horse was running by - awesome.

Top Bottom