RIP Kalkhoff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Glow worm

Glow worm

Legendary Member

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Not sure what to replace it with. I've always liked Dawes bikes and also have my eye on a nice Cube
My second bike I bought here was Kalkhoff. I used it for commuting to work and must have got a good 70 000 km out of it. My better half finally said 'go and get yourself something newer and don't skimp on the cost like you usually do'!

About 6 years ago I invested in a Cube trekking bike. Spent about €900 back then - not top of the range but a bit more than the earlier bike. I've been very happy with it. A bigger frame which I regret not having earlier. Front light is excellent. A colleague of mine who is very into cycling (round the world tour type stuff) said go for a higher number of gears, so I now have 30 instead of 24. It was good advice.

I think Cube are generally considered to be a pretty good brand.

OP
OP
Glow worm

Glow worm

Legendary Member
My second bike I bought here was Kalkhoff. I used it for commuting to work and must have got a good 70 000 km out of it. My better half finally said 'go and get yourself something newer and don't skimp on the cost like you usually do'!

About 6 years ago I invested in a Cube trekking bike. Spent about €900 back then - not top of the range but a bit more than the earlier bike. I've been very happy with it. A bigger frame which I regret not having earlier. Front light is excellent. A colleague of mine who is very into cycling (round the world tour type stuff) said go for a higher number of gears, so I now have 30 instead of 24. It was good advice.

I think Cube are generally considered to be a pretty good brand.
Thanks - that’s good to know, am going to look at a Cube at my LBS next week, it looks like superb bike.

I’m missing my broken Kalkhoff a great deal already- making do with a Kross Alp in the interim.

Top Bottom