RIP Kalkhoff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
As you like/love the bike any chance of getting a suitably similar frame and transferring all the bits?

Maybe something from Spa?

battered

Guru
As you like/love the bike any chance of getting a suitably similar frame and transferring all the bits?

It's seldom worth it, unless you can get a used donor very cheaply. As an example, Planet X do a titanium gravel bike, fully built, upmarket bits, £1700. Frame and forks £1200. You're not putting the worn out bits on a new frame, I'd have a n all new bike and use the bits for spares.

battered

Guru

A friend and I both run old cars. Occasionally one dies and is scrapped after long service, at which point the Doors "The End" has to be sung while bidding the car goodbye. On one occasion my pal waited until the scrapman was winning it onto the flatbed before draping himself over the door and singing tunelessly "This is the end...my only friend, the end". The scrapman was utterly bemused.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If only you’d bought a steel frame bike it’d still be going in another twenty years :whistle:

OP
OP
Glow worm

Glow worm

Legendary Member

I thought about that, but the temptation of a new bike is too strong :smile:. I plan go get a same size bike (wheels etc) then as things go wrong on the new bike, I can use the old bits.

Top Bottom