Rip off BT.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just received my phone bill from BT. £49.80! I have bt vision, phone and broadband with them, including call anytime. The cost of all calls come to £5.37 ( Australia and France) the rest is all line rental and everything else. Do you know anywhere else that would provide the same cheaper?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Utopia.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Just received my phone bill from BT. £49.80! I have bt vision, phone and broadband with them, including call anytime. The cost of all calls come to £5.37 ( Australia and France) the rest is all line rental and everything else. Do you know anywhere else that would provide the same cheaper?
I think they are all much the same.
We're with Virgin and have an International dialling package....the calls themselves are cheap (it costs me more to make a local call than it does for hubby to call his parents in the USA) but the line rental etc is where they make their money :sad:
We rarely use the house phone as we both have mobiles with good contracts....don't know why we actually bother with a house phone but it's part of the package.

ASC1951

Guru
Depends on your precise broadband usage. I just have phone and broadband with PlusNet - regularly a Which 'best buy' - and mine is £40-ish a month. I can't see that your bill is any sort of 'rip off'.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The line rental is the big problem, you have to pay it if you want braodband and a phone. Most companies will charge you about £15 before you have done anything. The add on Braiodband TV and Calls and £50 a month is about right.
I have just switched from SKY to BT as they were much cheaper for me, still about £50 per month but with unlimited superfast fibre so I can now stream everything via the web.
I was paying line rental, phone and Broad band to BT and paying SKY £68 for TV, it was costing me over £100 ower month!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We pay £30 for phone and broadband, but no TV package. You can get the freeview packaged from Talk Talk etc. for the same price - i.e. the catchup service but it's nothing like BT Vision for channels !

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
Don't have TV and have no need for a landline. Cost £0

sazzaa

I'm with BT - £30 per month unlimited broadband plus evening and weekend calls (I don't use a house phone but it comes with the line rental). Also have freeview and apple tv, which is good for one off films and netflix.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
oh well, it looks like it is not so bad after all. Where is the competition in all that if they all charge near enough the same?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I am with BT too. Hardly ever use the phone but need the line for broadband. I am £35 per month which I suppose isn't too bad but it annoys me how they keep advertising great deals for new customers but don't reward their long standing customers as well.

Top Bottom