Rip off BT.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I am with BT too. Hardly ever use the phone but need the line for broadband. I am £35 per month which I suppose isn't too bad but it annoys me how they keep advertising great deals for new customers but don't reward their long standing customers as well.

You are being rewarded with a stable affordable package. The offers for new customers are not rewards but inducements to leave a competing service. As ever, if you find the competition better value go there...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
may be not but it plays a big part in my book.

In this particular arena, the quality of service determines my choice.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
oh well, it looks like it is not so bad after all. Where is the competition in all that if they all charge near enough the same?

The idea of competition is a bit of a myth fostered by politicians who privatised everything in the 80's. True, there are more companies offering more or less the same services, but one company is not going to go out on a limb to raise prices when other companies are offering similar services cheaper, ie the energy companies, and phone providers. So, there is no real 'competition', only more choice.

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
dont you need a land line for that? which would incurr line rental charges?
No! Was in Royal Corps of Signals for 12 years attached to various listening establishments. Made my own little box of tricks to use a loophole in mobile technology that is best kept to myself. If it became common knowledge how easy it is to tap into internet for free then that is a hole that would get plugged PDQ

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The idea of competition is a bit of a myth fostered by politicians who privatised everything in the 80's. True, there are more companies offering more or less the same services, but one company is not going to go out on a limb to raise prices when other companies are offering similar services cheaper, ie the energy companies, and phone providers. So, there is no real 'competition', only more choice.

Sounds like you are describing a perfectly competitive market to me. Everyone supplying a similar product, everyone with the same costs....so everyone ends up at a price which allows the suppliers to make just enough profit to remain in the game

sazzaa

No! Was in Royal Corps of Signals for 12 years attached to various listening establishments. Made my own little box of tricks to use a loophole in mobile technology that is best kept to myself. If it became common knowledge how easy it is to tap into internet for free then that is a hole that would get plugged PDQ

Smug much? You knew someone would ask the question when you first posted, you could have just said it then.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Depends on your precise broadband usage. I just have phone and broadband with PlusNet - regularly a Which 'best buy' - and mine is £40-ish a month. I can't see that your bill is any sort of 'rip off'.
Mine is usually £22 a month with them, unlimited broadband and we're all wifi'ing away of an evening. TBH, I'm not that impressed with the speed but the reliability is superb - as opposed to talk talk who's flaky and unreliable service I cannot speak badly enough of. My Mum is on the Orange/EE home phone and broadband and hates it with a passion.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Which PlusNet package is that, then? Maybe I would be better on an unlimited package, although is the difference because I have my phone calls with them too?
dunno, it was the cheapest one shown on their website about 6 months ago, broadband, weekend calls and includes the line rental. No TV or extra speed connection.

I got in with o2 before they sold out to Sky, pay £16.50 pcm, includes unlimited broadband, line rental, all local and national calls and reduced rate international calls. Bargain, no help to the op, just felt like bragging^_^

Top Bottom