Rip off BT.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I will be glad when my contract with BT finishes, only four weeks to go, got to rank amongst the worst companies i have ever dealt with. over the last couple of weeks have been trying to sort out a problem with the broadband, have spent hours on the phone and getting nowhere, i have now given up trying to sort it out, roll on the end of February, i am going to give Plusnet a try.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My sky package for the entertainment extra pack, standard unlimited broad band, phone line and calls normally comes to about £54 a month in total.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Im with BT broadband

Hardly ever use the phone and its always over £50 a month :sad:

Dont have a TV either or anything else, just broadband and phone

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I will be glad when my contract with BT finishes, only four weeks to go, got to rank amongst the worst companies i have ever dealt with. over the last couple of weeks have been trying to sort out a problem with the broadband, have spent hours on the phone and getting nowhere, i have now given up trying to sort it out, roll on the end of February, i am going to give Plusnet a try.

Had plusnet, constantly goes off line and very slow, hence I chose BT, of what has never gone off line and super fast broadband

Last edited:

You'll be pleased to hear that Plusnet is part of BT plc and delivers its service using BT's wholesale infrastructure (ie openreach)

Well i will have to re think that one, cheers for that.
Who is good and not part of BT, don't want Virgin or Sky.

You're kind of limited then, if you don't want Virgin. Pretty much everyone else uses openreach for their last mile connections, at the very least. The only other options would be mobile (3G or 4G), wireless (if there is a provider in your area) or satellite (which is sh1te)...

Freds Dad

Veteran
I worked for BT for nearly 20 years on both the network and on exchange maintenance. The only difference in providers is that their equipment is situated in a separate part of the exchange. Everything else in the network is the same whichever company you choose.
I change my broadband and line rental provider every time the contract is up.

Have a look here for the best deals http://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband/

stephec

Legendary Member

Snap!

BT are great as long as you don't have need of their so called customer services.

I'm now on a £2.50 a month PlusNet broadband deal, can't really tell any practical difference in speed between that and BT's fibre broadband.

400bhp

Guru
Just received my phone bill from BT. £49.80! I have bt vision, phone and broadband with them, including call anytime. The cost of all calls come to £5.37 ( Australia and France) the rest is all line rental and everything else. Do you know anywhere else that would provide the same cheaper?

Let me get this right.

You are complaining about the cost of a service you knowingly paid for in advance?

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I worked for BT for nearly 20 years on both the network and on exchange maintenance. The only difference in providers is that their equipment is situated in a separate part of the exchange. Everything else in the network is the same whichever company you choose.
I change my broadband and line rental provider every time the contract is up.

Have a look here for the best deals http://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband/
Question: is the non cable broadband as fast as the Virgin one? On comparison sites Virgin speeds seem to be on top.
I pay a fortune (for me) to Virgin (over £40.00 a month)
Because I've been a customer forever I get no special offers, even though I have no TV, no need for a landline, I must pay for the package, it's the cheaper option according to them.
Would like to change provider, but would loathe loosing speed, as my music and entertainment are streamed.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I pay BT about £60 per month. On the plus side I get 200mb fibre, but on the downside on top of my £35 broadband, I pay another £25 in line rental/calls/nonsense for a phone line I don't want/need.

D

Deleted member 26715

Use Plusnet for my unlimited Fibre from Cab broadband £19.99 use NewCallTelecom for my line rental £5.99 (never make a call on their service too expense) & I use Localphone to make my calls via VoIP pay per minute with no connection charge, currently £0.005p per minute to UK, or we use our mobiles.

Alan...

Top Bottom