Rip off BT.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Nobody has mentioned Primus yet. Probably the cheapest for landlines (certainly were when we were looking, I think we pay about £8 line rental) but pray you never need customer service. Then your choice of broadband provider (from anyone who uses BT or Be, which is most of them except Virgin) on top of that.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
So ditch the landline altogether and go VOIP with this lot - http://www.vonage.co.uk/ - or similar..
I can't ditch the landline, BT won't give you just the fibre connection and the fibre is very nice, its the FTTP version too. It's just frustrating having to pay for a landline I barely use and how BT bills are always so much above the headline figures we signup for :sad:

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Let me get this right.

You are complaining about the cost of a service you knowingly paid for in advance?

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:
I just thought it was expensive for the package i have, but after seeing what others say , it seems to be the going rate everywhere.

subaqua

What’s the point
Question: is the non cable broadband as fast as the Virgin one? On comparison sites Virgin speeds seem to be on top.
I pay a fortune (for me) to Virgin (over £40.00 a month)
Because I've been a customer forever I get no special offers, even though I have no TV, no need for a landline, I must pay for the package, it's the cheaper option according to them.
Would like to change provider, but would loathe loosing speed, as my music and entertainment are streamed.
no need to leave them, just call them and tell them you are thinking of leaving. you will get a good offfer.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Question: is the non cable broadband as fast as the Virgin one? On comparison sites Virgin speeds seem to be on top.
I pay a fortune (for me) to Virgin (over £40.00 a month)
Because I've been a customer forever I get no special offers, even though I have no TV, no need for a landline, I must pay for the package, it's the cheaper option according to them.
Would like to change provider, but would loathe loosing speed, as my music and entertainment are streamed.

They're misleading you. I have Virgin's cable broadband only, no phone line or TV service, and I pay £20 per month for their 60MB service. I'm happy to give you my account number by PM if you want to ask them for the same deal. As an aside, when I ceased my landline I transferred my number to sipgate.co.uk just to catch any incoming calls from people who didn't have my mobile number. There was a one time £20 charge for this transfer as I recall.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I came in from a race yesterday to hear my wife switching our service from BT to Sky due to her disgust with the bill we received from BT that she considered outrageous. She's the one dealing with matters financial in our house and is very astute when it comes to bills and money matters so I trust her implicitly on this.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
They're misleading you. I have Virgin's cable broadband only, no phone line or TV service, and I pay £20 per month for their 60MB service. I'm happy to give you my account number by PM if you want to ask them for the same deal. As an aside, when I ceased my landline I transferred my number to sipgate.co.uk just to catch any incoming calls from people who didn't have my mobile number. There was a one time £20 charge for this transfer as I recall.
Thanks for that, will phone them (again) they keep saying I am getting the cheapest deal.
Probably a threat of leaving will do the trick!
Thanks again.

Top Bottom