RIP Robin Williams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, have a chat with Shaun abut removing all the non-related cycling sections then.

PS I assume the next 1,000,000 puzzle questions are all to be cycle related then?
Not from me.
10468350_35.jpg
10481881_6.jpg

Last edited:

Big Nick

Loved his early stuff and he was great at putting on a brave front in recent years even though clearly he was very unwell

A unique talent and a huge loss to comedy

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
He must've been a nightmare to direct and his rambling off the cuff stuff was irritating but Mork and Mindy was a special time... and Good Will Hunting showed what he could do well.
Everyone needs support, to have been so lost that he felt he had no other option despite the support and connection he had with people in his life is a sad way to leave the world behind.

Lullabelle

Banana
He must've been a nightmare to direct and his rambling off the cuff stuff was irritating but Mork and Mindy was a special time... and Good Will Hunting showed what he could do well.
Everyone needs support, to have been so lost that he felt he had no other option despite the support and connection he had with people in his life is a sad way to leave the world behind.

At least he wasn't a robot who turned up, did as he was asked, then went home. So many others are like that, at least he was a one off :thumbsup:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
His sad demise has raised the issue of mental health. Many struggle but find it hard to seek help for many reasons, hopefully this may encourage sufferers to come forward and get the help they need. Support is out there, no one should struggle alone.
I hope this becomes a notable part of his legacy. Even the R4 Toaday prog this morning covered this angle fairly well.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
He must've been a nightmare to direct and his rambling off the cuff stuff was irritating
A great deal of Good Morning Vietnam and Genie comprised Williams ad-libbing. Directors who got out of his way and let him run with it got incredible results.

just jim

Sadly missed and a tragic loss.His quote about cycling rings true to me...
"My favourite thing to do is ride a bicycle. I ride road bikes. And for me, it's mobile meditation...the closest you can get to flying."

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
[QUOTE 3228049, member: 45"]No it doesn't. It's a sad story, but I'm not going to buy any of the papers while they're vomiting up front pages full of speculation and scandal about him.

You're not in any position to make a judgement on how anyone who has posted on here or on social media in general has been affected by Williams' death.[/QUOTE]
I agree, think some people have chosen the wrong death to make a stand on, his tragic death highlights what depression can do to people and hopefully some good can come from it. To quote a very good article I read the other day...

Anyway. Rest in peace, Robin. You've given us a chance to talk about this, and to prove that this has nothing to do with life circumstances -- you were rich and accomplished and respected and beloved by friends and family, and in the end it meant jack farking shoot.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/robin-williams-why-funny-people-kill-themselves/

Cyclist33

I agree, think some people have chosen the wrong death to make a stand on, his tragic death highlights what depression can do to people and hopefully some good can come from it. To quote a very good article I read the other day...

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/robin-williams-why-funny-people-kill-themselves/

"Anyway. Rest in peace, Robin. You've given us a chance to talk about this, and to prove that this has nothing to do with life circumstances -- you were rich and accomplished and respected and beloved by friends and family, and in the end it meant jack ****ing ****."

Which is a pretty simplistic view of the whole subject, really. Another typically banal and pompous pronouncement by someone without any credibility.

I still don't see why people feel that it needs a death to open up the discussions around mental illness.

Cyclist33

Top Bottom