RIP Robin Williams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But why do you have to do it publicly? What is it about broadcasting said respects that makes them more valid for you?

Why can't you just do it privately?
For example, the last thread you started was about a kid getting his bike. By the same token, why say it publicly?

Cyclist33

Dude...seriously.
This is a way to show how much you liked and enjoyed his work. Why would you even be negative on a thread about the death of a well liked actor and loved man.

What's negative about what I said? What does bleating on about how much you enjoyed his life and work demonstrate other than some kind of need to bleat on? I'm just not convinced that "I will miss Robin Williams" + "I am going to broadcast the fact" > "I will miss Robin Williams".

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Have to say I found the 50 minutes of non-stop repetitious wall-wall coverage on BBC news, Sky news et al last night around midnight somewhat over the top.
As Cunobelin said, there's a dark side to genius and comic genius in particular.

Cyclist33

[QUOTE 3226261, member: 45"]I think it might be better if you just left the thread alone, rather than spoiling it.[/QUOTE]

Why, should I not have an opinion on public mourning of celebrities that is different to yours, and should I not be entitled to state it?

Because it was a post about my own son in a family cycling section of a cycling forum - so, er...
Just your own thoughts you chose to share though. Like I said, there's sections here for non cycle-related threads. Either ask Shaun to remove them or read the bit about ignore certain sections.

Cyclist33

Eh? So I state an opinion which by the way is on-topic, I get rebutted because you don't agree, and I am not permitted to respond?

Okay. Sounds a bit skewed but have it your own way.

To be fair I got kicked off the RIP for Patrick Moore for pointing out what a horrible old racist he was on the Entertainment forum.

OP
OP
AndyWilliams

AndyWilliams

Über Member
You always get one who likes to upset the apple cart for their own enjoyment and attention, go against the grain.

I will miss him (Robin), his work and I am sad that he thought there was no better way out of his darkness.
I'm there now so can relate.

I'm done. Have a nice day folks.
No hard feelings :smile:

Top Bottom