RIP Sheldon Brown.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
While looking at another forum, I have read that Sheldon Brown has passed away :smile:. Condolences to his family and many friends.

wafflycat

Damn, damn, damn.

There's a guest book over at the Harris Cyclery web site where condolences can be left.

Yes sad but he lived a full life and is and will remain part of millions of cyclists lives. I think most of us would be content with that as a legacy.

Condolences to his family. RIP

yenrod

What an absolute mine of info - I just hope that his experience and help lives on as there will be many who'll come across his mindset and find it very very helpful.

Respect !

Melvil

Sheldon Brown probably forgot more things about cycling than the rest of us put together will ever learn....an absolute god of the cycling world and one who helped me to understand the metal mistress that is the bicycle.

From all I read about him and from him, he seemed like a really friendly, considerate and extremely gracious person.

Sadly missed.

Maz

Guru
What a terribly sad thing to hear. He was only 63.
You can just tell from his face that he was a thoroughly nice person.

A sad loss indeed.

Blue

Legendary Member
Sad indeed, I gleaned much info from his writings.

May his spirit be once again cycling freely along some shady road.

Very sad indeed. I gained a lot of insight into cycling from his web site, especially when I was starting out.

He had a great impact on the world of cycling and will be sorely missed.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
In many ways, he summed up what seemed best about cycling to me, embodying a sense of community and experience and knowledge generously shared.

RIP indeed.

Top Bottom