RIP Steve Mackey - Pulp Basist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pulp bassist Steve Mackey dies aged 56

Apparently he had been in hospital with an undisclosed illness for the last few months. Pulp were one of my favourite bands in the 1990's, and I continued to follow them after. I still remember being in a shop and 'Do you remember the first time' came on the shop radio as it was their first near hit (got to no 33), exciting times!

In all the years though I've never seen them live, they are on tour this summer for a number of shows but I think I'll leave it now, they'll always sound better in my head.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Know nothing of their work but he played a early Precision copy so can’t be all bad:

BE553A48-5601-412F-BC0D-BBB14C74AC32.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
I reckon you should go, they're a lot of fun live. Especially if you're all sorted for E's and wizz.

I did fancy the Scarbarough show as it was outdoors but sold out, I'm not keen on large concerts indoors though I don't mind large outdoor venues.
Know nothing of their work but he played a early Precision copy so can’t be all bad:

They're probably most famous for 'Common People' or 'Disco 2000' from the mid 90s which got them into a headlining slot a Glastonbury after The Stone Roses imploded and dropped out. I actually prefere their earlier stuff which is quite a different sound though I do like everything they've done.

Top Bottom