RIP The Upsetter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Sad news, the guy was a legend.

I remember seeing a documentary with an interview with him in his studio where he had the same QUAD 33 pre-amp as me, they had a trick that you could send a signal out through the 'tape' loop, modify that signal through a mixer than send it back to the amps allowing people to 'toast' over a track (this was cutting edge in 1967)

dodgy

I find it odd that people go to the effort of saying "never heard of him" in RIP threads. I would never dream of going out of my doing that, preferring to just google and educate myself.

Edit, having googled him he was clearly hugely admired, it's amazing how incredibly talented you can be and still leave large parts of society completely ignorant to it.

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
I find it odd that people go to the effort of saying "never heard of him" in RIP threads. I would never dream of going to the effort of doing that, preferring to just google and educate myself.
Maybe it does but not in that way by calling him a w****r. A better way might be ' I don't know why you haven't heard of him because he was very influential...etc'
Not everyone shares your taste in music.
Exactly, but I’ve done the research now. A lot of the music is about going through struggling times but keeping your head up. Much of it is about love & peace. I imagine his fans to be very cool chilled out pleasant kind sort of folks. A true fan wouldn’t be sending snappy abusive posts in a forum & also PM’ing me with abuse & demanding me to remove my post. Shows who the real w****r is.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I assumed that 'never heard of him' was an in-joke. It seems to pop up on all the RIP threads.

Anyway let's chill, post some music or something.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I find it odd that people go to the effort of saying "never heard of him" in RIP threads. I would never dream of going out of my doing that, preferring to just google and educate myself.

Edit, having googled him he was clearly hugely admired, it's amazing how incredibly talented you can be and still leave large parts of society completely ignorant to it.
Quite,the RIP threads are, to some extent, appreciation threads. To come into the thread and take the time to post "never heard of them" seems rather churlish

Milzy

Guru
Quite,the RIP threads are, to some extent, appreciation threads. To come into the thread and take the time to post "never heard of them" seems rather churlish
Maybe so but it’s the internet. You just ignore certain things, & move on. Throwing a tantrum with childish insults is just pointless.

Top Bottom