RIP Threads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
U

It's the spirit of Jazzzzzzzzzz

Nice
efcb51e0d1ab78c9abddad073fdb7887.jpg

Jody

Stubborn git
Just not the OP of this thread! :scratch:

I think that has to be actioned by Admin

winjim

Smash the cistern
U

It's the spirit of Jazzzzzzzzzz

Jazz brain pretty much sums it up, I'm gonna start using that. Sometimes I feel augmented, sometimes diminished, sometimes suspended. Sometimes I straight up feel like a dominant 13th flat 9th. Often I just want everything to resolve to the tonic.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Jazz brain pretty much sums it up, I'm gonna start using that. Sometimes I feel augmented, sometimes diminished, sometimes suspended. Sometimes I straight up feel like a dominant 13th flat 9th. Often I just want everything to resolve to the tonic.

Mostly I feel blue....:sad:
(only joking)

Chromatic

Legendary Member

bitsandbobs

Über Member

Sad to hear that. Evolution is worth a place in anyone's record collection (reissue coming up later on in the year in Blue Note's classic vinyl series, btw). Lee Morgan apparently felt it was one of his best dates, although it's completely atypical of what he's best known for.

Just giving New Africa a spin - one of his Paris dates for BYG. Seriously good stuff.

Merci Grachan!

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Sad to hear that. Evolution is worth a place in anyone's record collection (reissue coming up later on in the year in Blue Note's classic vinyl series, btw). Lee Morgan apparently felt it was one of his best dates, although it's completely atypical of what he's best known for.

Just giving New Africa a spin - one of his Paris dates for BYG. Seriously good stuff.

Merci Grachan!

Funny you should mention Lee Morgan, that's how I heard about Evolution. A friend gave me a copy of The Sidewinder as a birthday present thinking it would be something I'd like, and he was right. I read up about Lee Morgan to find out a bit more about him and I saw it mentioned that he thought Evolution was one of his highlights and I thought I must give that a listen, so I bought it. As you say it is different from The Sidewinder, but as I said upthread it is my favourite of the jazz records in my collection.

Top Bottom