RLJ Police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yorkshiregoth said:
I had to call an ambulance today 'cos some bloke had a bad headache. Anyway, the first paramedic to arrive was a cycle one. He cycled through a shopping centre, and through my (very smooth) tiled ticket hall to get to his patient. A bit naughty if you ask me, as other customers were having to dash out of his way. Not sure what the old bill would have made of that one????

Flogging's too good for cyclists like that. Bentmikey will be along in a minute to tell us he's giving us all a bad name.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL, score one to BM!!! Gotcha a beaut on the other topic. LMAO!!!

MERV

2dsqtrp.gif

andyfromotley

well i think its a pathetic waste of time, it may have escaped your notice but there seems to be a spate of young men murdering each other in london at present, call me old fashioned but three police officers dealing with harmless (yes HARMLESS!) rlj's is pathetic and a trifle obscene dont ya think?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
It isn't harmless, because I know two cyclists injured because of RLJing w@nkers on bikes. It isn't harmless because I get abused by motorists for RLJers' transgressions, and that sucks.

Not much compared with stabbings or even motor vehicle RLJing, true, but it's still a crime that needs sorting.

andyfromotley

No not every single police resource, just those wasted on ridiculous action like this.
Mikey drivers will shout at you coz your on a bike, not coz others jump red lights, this is pathetic. Calling it a crime doesnt make what they are doing any more justified. Besides which i was thinking that three officers effectively used could go some way toward preventing another murder, - prevention is the primary purpose of the police.
If i could be bothered i would look up their crime figures to show the whole host of problems that they they face, nearly all of which are by any reasonable definition more serious than cyclists RLJ. Thats where they should be directing their attention.
I understand after years of abuse that you may be suffering from stockholm syndrome and ready to agree with anti cyclists that RLJ is dangerous, henious and worthy of police attention, and equivelent of cars doing the same IT isnt, break free dont beleive the hype.

andy

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
If you're wanting to save lives, then murders is the wrong place to be looking, really. Traffic deaths cause far more pain and cost to the country as a whole, so traffic crimes need to be addressed far more by the police, including RLJing by all, including bikes.

Drivers aren't shouting at me because I'm on a bike, they are shouting at me because some other idiots on bikes jump lights and ride on the pavement. That's a direct impact on me because of stupid and illegal behaviour, so don't try to excuse it as harmless, or ignore the two cyclist friends of mine injured because of these RLJing morons.

Stockholm syndrome, what are you, a muppet?

andyfromotley

How many deaths have been attributed to RLJ by cyclists? Not as many as people murdered i am willing to bet.

ho hummmm, dont want to rehash the many threads on RLJ there have been on here so we will have to disagree on this point, you think its a good use of police time i dont..... fair 'nuff. Muppet? Nice argument.

kermit

andyfromotley

i was actually trying to make a serious point, i think that some cyclists have been brow beaten into saying that RLJ is an evil on a par with many offences commited by motor vehicle drivers. I dont think it is and i wont accept that it is just to appease the anti cycling lobby.

So i dont think my stockholm syndrome analogy was too off the wall really.

Andy

Top Bottom