RLJer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
If you want fast downhill, get a tandem.

As fast as tandems are downhill, my 'bent has as much difference again as between the tandems and singles I've passed. Best of all for descending would be a good low recumbent trike, you wouldn't care nearly as much about road quality and skog as we have too.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
My pal followed one of Mikey's mates downhill on the L2B ride, steep hill just before Brighton, 42 mph which my mate was impressed at...on his bike...but Mikey's mate was on skates at 42 MPH ;)

That's bottle!

Iceniner

Skates at 42 mph!!! Now that would be scary!

Ive manged 40mph on my mtb coming down some of the hills near Castle Coch outside of Cardiff, but as its rainy most of the times ive been around there i didnt wanna risk more! The roads pretty bumpy and there are ditches either side of the road which i dont want to go swimming in .... again ;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
That's Quentin, my best skating mate. He's a real nutter, he falls more often than most other skaters, but only because he's always pushing his limits. In fact he's one of the best all-around skaters in London. As good as Scooby is in the skater vs. courier video, Quentin is a much faster speedskater.

If 42mph was what he reached, that was the limit for conditions that day. IIRC none of the cyclists was actually keeping up with him there. I bottled it and went down much more conservatively, LOL!

fossyant said:
John next bit on - where the cinema/complex exit is just after Kingsway junction...then he does a left from Manchester Road onto Stockport Road against red, when there is traffic flowing through...

That's the view out of my window.

Got a description?

CotterPin

Went right off a girl once 'cos she jumped red lights. Didn't actually know her, mind. It was a few days ago on my commute to work/ She was ahead of me, a fit looking woman in lycra and I was just beginning to have fantasies about helping her have my babies :blush: when she cruised through a red light. Lost all interest in her there and then. :sad:

Top Bottom