RLJs being stopped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
And almost entirely humourless too...

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
We might but we'd have to depend on people foolishly breaking the law in front of police officers. I know RLJing takes a certain lack of intelligence but I don't think we'll raise much more than £500 :rolleyes:

Shorinjidude

Über Member
moz-screenshot.png
IncomingBaby.jpg

Why don't they go and catch some real criminals?:rolleyes:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
What would the police do if the RL jumper was a roadie with a CF frame? They'd have no chance of catching him with their MTBs.

Just proves what David Cameron's been saying all along, our police and armed forces don't have the right equipment.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Moodyman said:
What would the police do if the RL jumper was a roadie with a CF frame? They'd have no chance of catching him with their MTBs.

Just proves what David Cameron's been saying all along, our police and armed forces don't have the right equipment.

I was looking at a pair of police MTBs today. They were running double cranks and it looked exceedingly low geared although I didn't have the cheek to count the teeth but I could see the largest crank wasn't that large.

g00se

Veteran
But we all know that the local ne'er-do-wells only ride full sus BSOs on the pavements with one hand. The police need the mountain bikes to curb-hop to catch them...

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Moodyman said:

Actually they had a neat trick. As the RLJ crossed the junction or turned, the cop at that corner put his bike into the road in front of them. Fairly effective stopping technique (not as effective as my preferred option for an RLJ which would be an AK47 but there you go). The one person I saw clipped in had a bit of a shock and look a bit foolish.

What are they going to do if a RLJ doesn't stop, chase 'em, take their license plate, lay tacks across the road? Seems like a waste of time to me.

But, in my youth it would have been fun to blast the lights and see if they could catch me. ;)

I remember when we were first given fixed penalty tickets and found there was an offence code for RLJ on a bicycle. We surprised many cyclists by giving them a ticket; previously our process departments would never have taken a cyclist to court for what they deemed a 'minor' offence, and cyclists knew that. Prior to FPNs they only got a verbal warning, and they took the mick out of the system.

I am glad that the Police are still out there doing their jobs.

Crankarm

Guru
Good on plod. Will they deploy a stinger for those that fail to stop?

Saw a private hire taxi driver using his mobile phone whilst driving this afternoon. I shouted "Oi!" at him as he drove by. He looked so startled as he was gassing away, he almost dropped it out his wound down driver's window. Reg is DE 05 DNO a silver estate car.

PBancroft

hackbike 666 said:
Can we have a bit of consistency here...how about nicking mobile users as well as driving without due care an attention?

Ah, but the difference is that people who jump red lights are only going to do it in specific locations. People who use their mobile whilst driving could be doing it anywhere.

Top Bottom