RLJs being stopped

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by martint235, 17 May 2010.

1. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

Great news, there's 4 mountain bike cops out nicking the RLJs at the junction of xxxxxx this morning. Spent a little while just watching for fun, there's some very confused "What? Me?" conversations going on.

Shame they can't be there every day. ;)

M

2. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Well I completely agree - catch all the swine! Mind, I wouldn't have posted the location as I'd feel that's as bad as flashing drivers after you've gone through a speed trap.

3. OP
    OP
    martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

I'm hoping the RLJs won't see this post until they get to work but I take your point.. damn I just wish I'd posted later!!! ;)

4. NigC

NigC New Member

Good to see the police are taking some action. It will probably surprise a lot to know that they're actually breaking the law :becool:

Of course, this will always generate the usual "why don't you go and catch some real criminals" comments :becool:

P.S. You could edit your post to delete the location details ;)

5. OP
    OP
    martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

Thanks for pointing that out. Edited now.

It's causing quite a laugh among the cyclists in our office (we're a few yards from that junction), we're considering a trip out just to watch for half an hour or so.;)

6. dodgy

dodgy Guru

Where? London perchance?

7. Jezston

Jezston Über Member

RLJs? Bicycles or cars, or both?

8. OP
    OP
    martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

I didn't see any cars RLJ when I was watching and it isn't a particularly bad junction for that as it's very busy. I would assume they'll stop a car too.

9. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Time to get out the video camera!!! :becool::biggrin:

10. dodgy

dodgy Guru

Where is it happening?

11. OP
    OP
    martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

It's in London.

My video camera technically doesn't arrive until next week it's sat on the dining room table but birthday fairy not here yet. ;)

12. dodgy

dodgy Guru

Ah London, where else :biggrin:

13. OP
    OP
    martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

I initially put exactly where it was happening in the first post but there was a feeling on the forum that I was being too helpful by flagging it up to RLJers. :biggrin:. It's more sporting to let them find out once the police bike is chasing them!!

14. gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

Is it in the city? The met doesn't seem to spend half as much time as city cops on rljers

15. HaloJ

HaloJ Rabid cycle nut

I saw them North of the river on my commute. Made eye contact, nodded and smiled at one. Bless, they're getting so young these days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice