RLJs being stopped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

In a similar vein, I saw a couple "less-than-reputable-gentlemen" zipping down the highstreet in between peds (OAP and child abundant)....

Went into a shop halfway down the street... got to the bottom of the street later, and found two MTB policepeople having at least a stern word...

Tynan

Veteran
good, I couldn't get into the ASL before the Green Man rab tonight because of two cars already in it and over it, the second car in the right hand lane was a cop car, doing nothing about it at all

not a proper offence I suppose

Shorinjidude

Über Member
My wife generally dislikes giving FPN's. She has a monthly target but says that the only people who stop for her (she's a PCSO waiting for her letter to start her MET training) are generally nice people where as the real toerags just speed off with a backward wave of the finger.

PBancroft

Shorinjidude said:
My wife generally dislikes giving FPN's. She has a monthly target but says that the only people who stop for her (she's a PCSO waiting for her letter to start her MET training) are generally nice people where as the real toerags just speed off with a backward wave of the finger.

Do PCSOs have no power to at least record that those drivers failed to stop when requested, prompting at the very least a follow up visit by one of Vike's mates? :thumbsup:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
When they were stopping RLJ'ers one time here, my boss apparently knew they were going to be doing it ... and just said to us when we got in ... that she hoped none of us had been caught RLJ'ing - and none of us had.

If you are stupid enough to RLJ when you can see lots of uniform then you deserve everything you get... in some ways I would rather that they were less obvious and then caught the people who were more observant.

That last time ... one of the people who were stopped then caught up and passed me at the next set of lights by RLJ'ing so it obviously had a great effect on him.

summerdays said:
When they were stopping RLJ'ers one time here, my boss apparently knew they were going to be doing it ... and just said to us when we got in ... that she hoped none of us had been caught RLJ'ing - and none of us had.

If you are stupid enough to RLJ then you deserve everything you get... in some ways I would rather that they were less obvious and then caught the people who were more observant.

That last time ... one of the people who were stopped then caught up and passed me at the next set of lights by RLJ'ing so it obviously had a great effect on him.

FTFY

Kaipaith said:
Ah, but the difference is that people who jump red lights are only going to do it in specific locations. People who use their mobile whilst driving could be doing it anywhere.

Yeah you are right...generally where there is a red traffic signal...so that makes it alright then.

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
hackbike 666 said:
Can we have a bit of consistency here...how about nicking mobile users as well as driving without due care an attention?

Agreed. Much as I detest the RLJing idiots how difficult would it be for MTB riding cops (preferably unmarked) to nab a whole load of phone using fools? I see loads (as I'm sure do we all). A cop on a bike is an ideal way to knobble a healthy amount of these anti-socials so why don't we ever see it?

With the media hype on RLJing cyclists it looks like this car mad culture has conveniently swept under the carpet the fact that using a mobile phone while driving is probably more antisocial and certainly more dangerous to innocent people.

What they should do is confiscate the bike and allow it to be collected after paying the fine, that would have an affect.

Top Bottom