road bike crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arch684

Veteran
That is EXACTLY* how I ruptured my AC joint

*Ok so it was on the other side of the road, but still the same situation.........ok ok a slightly different animal................ok ok it was a bit smaller but it was a predator...with sharp pointy tee.........OK OK IT WAS A CAT
And were you CAT-apulted off the the bike

Col5632

Guru
Ouch, looks a sore one

Levo-Lon

Guru
I had a badger run in front of me when coming back from a camping/touring trip so I was pulling a trailer and doing about 25MPH but that :eek:

In summer me and son in law were doing our evening 20 mile xc route and a Badger ran out of the corn field and along the side of me...I dont startle easy but i think i may have shreiked..give me a wtf moment and put me on course for the ditch..Badger 1 meta lon 0..

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'd forgotten about this story but the vid reminded me.

A few years ago I was working at a company in the countryside. Employee comes in one morning, ashen-faced. Colleagues gather round. After a few minutes I wandered over to see what the fuss was about. He was driving along the country lane and a deer jumped out in front of him and he hit it at pretty well full speed. Poor guy was completely freaked out by the sight of a full-grown deer hitting his car and rolling up over the windscreen

I tried to make some mood-lightening remark but that was a fail. Turns out the deer was dead and the car was a virtual write-off. Poor guy had to walk the last mile or so to the office as his car was trashed and couldn't be driven. Never found out what happened to the deer, I suspect it was quietly "recycled" by the locals.

I was out riding in Spain with a mate and his son in the summer. My mate was at the back his son at the front and me and the son just heard the warning shout "GOATS" from the back and bugger me if there wasn't a whole heard of them 10 feet to our left. Luckily they weren't trying to cross the road.

I had goats threaten and bully me in France. I don't know anything about goats, they were hanging about in the road blocking my way and looking at me with baleful malevolence, I went "shoo!" And they stared at me chewing cud. I think one made a hurtful remark. Quite scary, I think goats can break your leg with one flap of their arms.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
my biggest brown trouser moment was descending long mynd at about 60 kph a sheep started to walk across my path as cars were coming the other way up the pass.

fortunately, the sheep turned back, but needless to say i practically wore the brake pads down the rest of the way down the descent…

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It doesn't even look like a cycle lane, rather the edge of the road. Either way it would no doubt be covered in all sorts of crap. Odd really as it doesn't even look like a busy road. Apart from random deer of course!
Some places, that's all you have. I don't think it's PCH(Pacific Coast Highway) He may be on Bridgeway or 2nd St., a little more coastal to Richardson Bay than 101 at that point. That little deer probably has a post up on a deer forum somewhere-"I went out for a walk, and look what happened!"

Top Bottom