Road bike for petite ladies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

In what size?
It's not a mountainbike, so what are you hoping to achieve with another rigid fork bike with straight bars?
Have you tried it with narrower lighter slick tyres?
I dont know the exact size it just says pendleton brooke 15 16 if that means anything. I hoping to increase my speed in a road bike... yes i will change the tyre and see if its any faster.

12boy

Guru
You will be very much surprised how much road or cyclecross tires will improve the pendleton you already have. If this fits you well upgrading the tires will make this a lot more road bikey. I see the pendleton range also includes a road bike, the Invicta I believe. I would be willing to bet your Brooke with light slick tires would be a lot different to ride. It is also possible to fit new components such as wheels, crank arms, saddles etc if something on your current bike doesn't work well. Finding serious bikes with quality components in your size, as you already know, is very hard unless you got to a handmade bike maker and have a custom bike created for you which will cost a lot of money.

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

You will be very much surprised how much road or cyclecross tires will improve the pendleton you already have. If this fits you well upgrading the tires will make this a lot more road bikey. I see the pendleton range also includes a road bike, the Invicta I believe. I would be willing to bet your Brooke with light slick tires would be a lot different to ride. It is also possible to fit new components such as wheels, crank arms, saddles etc if something on your current bike doesn't work well. Finding serious bikes with quality components in your size, as you already know, is very hard unless you got to a handmade bike maker and have a custom bike created for you which will cost a lot of money.
Yes next week i will change the tyres and practice. Am actually getting a bit nervous abt my event in sept l2p ... if i am slow i wont reach the cut off point on time each day

screenman

Legendary Member
I dont know the exact size it just says pendleton brooke 15 16 if that means anything. I hoping to increase my speed in a road bike... yes i will change the tyre and see if its any faster.

My 62 year old wife has that same bike with no modifications, she can go months without riding it and when she does can average 12mph easily, what speed do you need for your cutoff points.

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

My 62 year old wife has that same bike with no modifications, she can go months without riding it and when she does can average 12mph easily, what speed do you need for your cutoff points.
In the city roads i think i do 9 to 10 m/ hr
I need at least 12/hr

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Not a lot of options for 650c wheels. When it comes to replacing them.
Is the wiggins a proper road bike good for long distance ?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Top Bottom