Road bike for under £100?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Also I am loath to take seriously anyone who thinks road riding on a TT bike will be like a road racing bike.

Then dont.
Nothing wrong with trying tho. I remember reading a bike magazine article involving strapping sidebags to a gsxr and a trip to germany and back. 180 mph sportsbike aint the ideal tourer but not nearly as bad as the rider initially anticipated. Each to their own I believe. For the topic, all im saying is its going to be difficult to find a decent road bike that cheap. I tried it once myself (a carrera valour from halfords) and things worked out very badly.

galactico

the snail

Guru
For £100 - £200 I'd look at the Carrera bikes with STI, there seem to be lots on ebay, so you just need to be patient and wait for a good deal to come along. If you look at the completed listings you can see what sort of prices they sell for. It's worth checking out advance train tickets if you need to collect, it can be a very cost effective option.

OP
OP
T

TobyM

Missed it! But was too big anyway, I'm after a 54cm frame

For £100 - £200 I'd look at the Carrera bikes with STI, there seem to be lots on ebay, so you just need to be patient and wait for a good deal to come along. If you look at the completed listings you can see what sort of prices they sell for. It's worth checking out advance train tickets if you need to collect, it can be a very cost effective option.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking (or something similar to a Carrera) - and thanks for the tip about advanced train tickets :smile:

Top Bottom