Road Bike Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
That would be great thanks!!!
Be with you imminently

CXRAndy

Guru
The ADV8.9 is a better all-rounder If you want guards already on then ASR 8.9 is a good choice.

Ive seen ebay mint ADV8.9 for £795 if the model is correct size

OP
OP
N

Noobie1983

Regular
2019 Cannondale is £300 less at Evans
I clicked on that and its the carbon one that popped up
I have to say the more i read about the NS one from reviews it doesnt seem anywhere near as good as the Topstone
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cannondale-Topstone-105-2020-Gravel-Bike_215678.htm
I know youll love the colour too Vickster so i guess thats a bonus

vickster

Legendary Member
Thats the 2019 model, the one i was going to get is the 2020 model? Yes i sound like a idiot now but is there any difference at all? Surely they must be some difference in them?
Probably nothing apart from a tiny colour change. Standard practice. You can easily compare the specs

OP
OP
N

Noobie1983

Regular
Just the 2020 is classed as an adventure bike and the 2019 is classed as a cx. I was reading before about cx bikes and heard that they wont have space for mudgaurds for when i commute, but reading about the 2019 one it seems there is space. Oh great haha, i was just set on the 2020 haha, but 300 difference when other sites STILL have the 2019 as the same price as the 2020 new one must mean something surely.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just the 2020 is classed as an adventure bike and the 2019 is classed as a cx. I was reading before about cx bikes and heard that they wont have space for mudgaurds for when i commute, but reading about the 2019 one it seems there is space. Oh great haha, i was just set on the 2020 haha, but 300 difference when other sites STILL have the 2019 as the same price as the 2020 new one must mean something surely.
Marketing...simples (or just someone different writing website copy). Just compare the component specs side by side, same frameset

I have a Boardman CX bike...with mudguards and a rack. Carbon race ready CX might not take mudguards, alloy ones do mostly

If you want to spend an extra £300 do so...but Evans have your size so it would be an unusual thing to do

OP
OP
N

Noobie1983

Regular
Thinking you could be right, im on leisurebikes now and both are the same price.
Plus im going to need to buy helmet, mudgaurds, shoes etc, so that 300 will come in handy (omg i forgot about the extras part!!!!)

Top Bottom