Road Bike or Not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Dont worry too much about countryside roads chipmonster....roadbike wheels are surprisingly strong.
I think its a general misconception that roadbikes are fragile. The standard wheels on most entry level roadbikes are made to take a bit of punishment.
The wheels on my 3 year old Bianchi are original, true and as new after miles and miles on the main roads, B roads, occasional cindertracks and woodland tracks.

If you take two guys with similar fitness levels..the roadbike will be faster than a hybrid every time.

Moonlight

Personally, I find it much easier going up a hill on a road bike than an mountain bike or hybrid, it's much lighter to start, and you don't waste energy bouncing up and down the silly sping things...

Note: I love silly springs on actual mountains...but we have very few of those in dorset..

jashburnham

Roadbike roadbike roadbike... if you don't think they can go up hills then check out the Tour De France highlights on ITV4... clearly you'll not be that fast but you get the drift! Just make sure you try a few bikes before you buy, don't rush into a purchase! I'd suggest checking out more than one shop and picking the one with the most knowledgeable staff as ideally you'll be wanting to build a relationship with your best local shop.

Top Bottom