road bike puncher

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam Robertson

on my ride this morning near home flat tyre 2 tiny holes nothing found inside tyre , but when I inflated the tyre to check it found another 2 they were both paralal to each other anyway as I inflated it I noticed the inertude never inflated evenly there was 2 bulges should I get a new tube ?

D

Deleted member 20519

on my ride this morning near home flat tyre 2 tiny holes nothing found inside tyre , but when I inflated the tyre to check it found another 2 they were both paralal to each other anyway as I inflated it I noticed the inertude never inflated evenly there was 2 bulges should I get a new tube ?

Yes.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Check the rim tape on your wheel is ok. They sound like snake bite pinch punctures which you get when you hit a pothole or something else on the road. The fact it sounds like it has happened twice is the reason I would check that the rim tape is doing it's job.

Brad

Check the rim tape on your wheel is ok. They sound like snake bite pinch punctures which you get when you hit a pothole or something else on the road. The fact it sounds like it has happened twice is the reason I would check that the rim tape is doing it's job.

If it turns out to be your rim tape, I would advise getting some heavy duty velox rim tape as this solved my puncture problem due to spokes poking through the poor quality rim tape!

OP
OP
Adam Robertson

Adam Robertson

cheers people for SOME of your genuin replays you will always find the odd TOOL on a forum site. thanks again while the tyres off going to get new tube and velox rim tape for both tyres

Rob500

cheers people for SOME of your genuin replays you will always find the odd TOOL on a forum site.

Relax man ffs.

D

Deleted member 1258

Sounds like your tyre was under inflated, they sound like snake bite punctures, with a soft tyre hitting a pothole will flatten the tube against the rim producing two parallel holes.

Image0080.jpg

Its a poor photo but that's a classic snakebite puncture.

OP
OP
Adam Robertson

Adam Robertson

exactly what they looked liked so you think tyres were under inflated Dave R i couldn't get any more in, I've brought new tube and pump with gauge and going to get some new rim tape BUT my rim is 700x23c I measured the tape what's on the rim is 5 mm can't seem to find any can I use 10mm and fold it over make it double thickness I'm new to road bikes thanks all or your advise

D

Deleted member 1258

exactly what they looked liked so you think tyres were under inflated Dave R i couldn't get any more in, I've brought new tube and pump with gauge and going to get some new rim tape BUT my rim is 700x23c I measured the tape what's on the rim is 5 mm can't seem to find any can I use 10mm and fold it over make it double thickness I'm new to road bikes thanks all or your advise

It does sound like they were under inflated. The Velox Rim tape here, the narrow road version, should do it, from your tyre size it sound like you have a road bike.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/velox-rim-tape/

Top Bottom