Road bike recommendation ~£1k.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big T

Guru
mickle said:
Planet Eks = Hyundai.
Pinarello = Maserati.

I would say more like Planet X - Ford
Pinarello - Ferrari

They'll both get you from A to B. One has a ceratin style that the other lacks but you are paying through the nose for that style.

Trek is Ford.

walker

Big T said:
I would say more like Planet X - Ford
Pinarello - Ferrari

They'll both get you from A to B. One has a ceratin style that the other lacks but you are paying through the nose for that style.

More like a planet X is an Ariel Atom, built to order and directly off the manufactuerer.

Pinarello, more like Range Rover or Mercedes, Expensive, but you can buy them on any high street

kyuss

Veteran
Built to order? Hardly. A generic carbon frame, screwed together with commercially available parts. Brilliant value but nowt special.

Dura Ace is a £600 groupset and Planet X won't be selling them without making a profit, so corners have been cut somewhere to bring it in at £1000. Personally I'd rather have a lesser groupset (which will wear out eventually and need replaced/upgraded anyway) and have a bike where the money has been spent on the frame and wheels. It's those two things that make a good bike, everything else is just there to point it in the right direction, make it move and give you somewhere to sit. A cheap frame won't ride any better when equipped with Dura Ace.

Top Bottom